Episode 61 allen lau
0:00 / 00:31:12
How does a person become an entrepreneur in the entertainment verticals? Today’s guest can share his experience. Allen Lau is the executive advisor for WEBTOON and Wattpad. He’s a serial entrepreneur, a speaker, and an authority on entrepreneurship, the innovation economy, and the benefits of a diverse workforce. He’s also a leader in Canada’s tech community.
Listen to the episode to hear what Allen has to say about how an introvert can succeed as an entrepreneur and leader, how Wattpad came to be in the first place, and what lessons Allen has learned about very high growth.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- Allen’s origin story and what led to his entrepreneurial journey
- How an introvert can be a leader or entrepreneur
- What Allen’s startup journey looked like
- What happened after Allen left IBM
- How Wattpad came to be
- What network effect means and what people get wrong about it
- When Allen transitioned Wattpad from a mobile reading app
- The first lessons Allen learned about really high growth
- Why some people are great at storytelling but others are not