Episode 25 will sutherland
Will Sutherland is a vice president at Kilmer Group and describes himself as the cowboy in his office. Will joins the podcast today to talk about his views on leadership and business and what he’s working on now. Listen in to hear what Will has to say about what he thinks about when he makes a career move, what the three types of leadership are, and what you can learn from taking a long-term view.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- Will’s current role
- What Will’s childhood looked like and how he got to where he is now
- What Will thinks about when he’s making a career move
- Where Will is in the nature vs. nurture debate
- The three types of leadership
- The importance of balance
- What you can learn from someone with a long-term view
- Patterns that Will has seen that led to success or failure
- What makes Will hesitate in getting involved with a company.
Quotes From the Show
“As a young person working with teams, working with contractors, you realize the soft skill stuff is 80-plus percent of the issue.”
“You’re going to find out more about what not to do in the first five years of your working life than what actually works.”
“I am the cowboy in my office, that’s my role, to try to do non-vanilla deals.”