Beverage & Alcohol
Exit at 8X TTM Revenue
Our client, a software publisher for the beverage industry, was searching for new sources of revenue as it faced increased competition in its core sector. Management knew its data-heavy platform could be leveraged elsewhere, but where and how?
- After a full review of our client’s platform, the VMX team ran a review of external data sources for signals in industries that could be attractive.
- A sector landed at the top of the list, which substantiated management’s ‘hunch’.
- The team developed new key performance indicators relevant for that sector, delivered through interactive dashboards.
- It also collected 3rd party customer and market data and combined it with internal data to deliver new insights.
- The team created a segmentation model and representative customer personas based on key differences in demographics and behavioural patterns.
The exercise was close to delivering new sales in the new sector; however, before those materialized, the company accepted an offer to be acquired at 8x TTM revenue, an extremely compelling valuation largely due to its efforts in that new sector.
Mass Spectrometry – Confidential
FirePower generated advised on the sale of an analytical chemistry instrumentation maker, with a strong commercially validated IP portfolio, to one of the most respected names in the sector.
LEAP Group was formed to acquire the assets of Metal Networks, an online quoting platform for metals procurement based in Austin, Texas. FirePower arranged a compelling deal structure for LEAP in this distressed situation.