Beverage & Alcohol
Exit at 8X TTM Revenue
Our client, a software publisher for the beverage industry, was searching for new sources of revenue as it faced increased competition in its core sector. Management knew its data-heavy platform could be leveraged elsewhere, but where and how?
- After a full review of our client’s platform, the VMX team ran a review of external data sources for signals in industries that could be attractive.
- A sector landed at the top of the list, which substantiated management’s ‘hunch’.
- The team developed new key performance indicators relevant for that sector, delivered through interactive dashboards.
- It also collected 3rd party customer and market data and combined it with internal data to deliver new insights.
- The team created a segmentation model and representative customer personas based on key differences in demographics and behavioural patterns.
The exercise was close to delivering new sales in the new sector; however, before those materialized, the company accepted an offer to be acquired at 8x TTM revenue, an extremely compelling valuation largely due to its efforts in that new sector.
Last Call Analytics
Last Call Analytics has developed a frontline sales analytics and visualization platform for the beverage and alcohol industry. FirePower invested Gap Debt as a way to bridge them to a Series-A financing.
FirePower was engaged to prepare PrintFleet for a sale, and guide the company through to closing. Weeks before closing, the buyer with whom PrintFleet signed an LOI following a competitive auction, a Japanese Fortune 500 company, terminated the deal because of an internal reorganization. FirePower re-ignited conversations with a US strategic who had done well in the auction, and closed without any major challenges at an attractive price, terms and conditions.