Beverage & Alcohol
Exit at 8X TTM Revenue
Our client, a software publisher for the beverage industry, was searching for new sources of revenue as it faced increased competition in its core sector. Management knew its data-heavy platform could be leveraged elsewhere, but where and how?
- After a full review of our client’s platform, the VMX team ran a review of external data sources for signals in industries that could be attractive.
- A sector landed at the top of the list, which substantiated management’s ‘hunch’.
- The team developed new key performance indicators relevant for that sector, delivered through interactive dashboards.
- It also collected 3rd party customer and market data and combined it with internal data to deliver new insights.
- The team created a segmentation model and representative customer personas based on key differences in demographics and behavioural patterns.
The exercise was close to delivering new sales in the new sector; however, before those materialized, the company accepted an offer to be acquired at 8x TTM revenue, an extremely compelling valuation largely due to its efforts in that new sector.
Last Call Analytics
When FirePower first met Last Call Analytics, the company was building custom big data analytics and visualization software platforms for frontline sales staff, primarily of beverage & alcohol distributors, but also for clients in other industries. Last Call needed capital to grow, as well as strategic guidance to develop a stronger revenue model and focused direction. FirePower invested both capital and hard work, shifting the revenue model, focusing its resources, and ultimately, helping the company achieve its potential.
Last Call Analytics
Last Call Analytics has developed a frontline sales analytics and visualization platform for the beverage and alcohol industry. FirePower invested Gap Debt as a way to bridge them to a Series-A financing.
From the archives: April 2020
Leadership during the COVID pandemic in the Canadian mid-market: a virtual roundtable of owners.
COVID-19 has upended billions of people’s lives. The economic damage is already significant and far-reaching. In Canada, mid-market business owners are deeply concerned about…